About

Free Counter
Www.free-counter-plus.com

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Triumphs hatred in California ...

Hi, dear friends and readers, it seems that this is not a good week for us, the inhabitants of our beloved planet behind the rainbow, at this time, and have absolutely all the votes counted in the State of California and the result is as follows : Yes wins with 52% with 5,163,908 votes against 48% No, 4,760,336 votes

To tell them that I have a huge mix of feelings, I feel indignation, impotent, anger, sadness and disappointment. I can not seem to understand why the majority of people of California have voted for a proposition that serves to take away other people who already had a right to human beings like them, they feel, they love and who allegedly have the same rights to all.

This is a victory for homophobia, for hatred, discrimination and is so sad ....

I even got lucky enough to live in a country where gay marriage is legally recognized, it hurts a lot, and affects me as much as a lesbian and a member of the LGBT community, which does not respect us, we discriminate, that society imposes us whom we love, that we are considered second-class citizens by failing to act according to the model that society considers proper ... Who has given them the right to do that?

I am disappointed ... because it is double moral that exists today, shows us his true face, when it was believed that things were changing, that tolerance, equality between all ... it was possible, we realize ... no, everything was an appearance, which in the interior ... continues to hate, rejection.

I just hope ... rather wish, with all the forces of my heart ... that one day, things really changed .... let us live the way we want to do, without being judged by it, without being beaten, abused, killed, discriminated against, abandoned and having the same rights as all over the world.

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
"

John Lennon, "Imagine"

If you liked this post and want to collaborate with LesPlanet do click here ...

0 comentarios: