About

Free Counter
Www.free-counter-plus.com

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

MORE... of Jennifer Beals


Hi dear inhabitants of our colorful planet, I am counting that Jennifer Beals our beloved, charming, and beautiful Bette in The L Word (not always put more qualifiers as soil, because I promised my girlfriend that this time would the news without drooling and I go by the branches).

Well as I said our Jenny has perched and gave a short interview for the magazine in its number Moro July and August,

Here are leaving the article with the interview and photos it did to Jenny (now if I assure you are drooling more than one ..... I already did).

Jennifer Beals at 44, the L Word star talks about Flashdance, fame, and her plans for the years ahead.


Jennifer Beals doesn't go for halfway measures. When she turned 40, she says, "I wanted to be doing something I really loved. I didn't want to be driving by some stupid ad for makeup and be seduced into thinking I should look younger." She gives a giant roll of the eyes. "So you know what I decided? I went to Patagonia. On my 40th birthday, I was riding a horse galloping at full speed across the pampas and laughing my ass off."

Beals, now 44, has always been into controlling her destiny, even before she won the role that made her famous.

The Chicago native, daughter of an Irish-American mother and an African-American father, scored a small part in My Bodyguard in 1980 and had been modeling when she auditioned for Flashdance, about a sexy steel welder with ballet-academy dreams. But when she saw the full script, she didn't want to do the nude scenes, and she was about to start her freshman year at Yale, so she turned down a screen test. "The director, Adrian Lyne, called and told me how tastefully everything would be done," Beals says. "And I said to him, 'I'm sorry, but I don't know you. I don't know how tastefully you're going to do everything.'" Lyne agreed to use a body double, and Beals deferred her fall semester.

A huge hit when it was released 25 years ago, Flashdance landed in America's pop culture pantheon not so much for its rather standard Cinderella story line as for the fashion frenzy it inspired. Oh, those leg warmers, that ripped gray sweatshirt! "I thought everyone knew that trick," Beals says of the scene where she wiggles out of her bra without taking her sweatshirt off. "I did it all the time when I was a kid."

The attention that followed was intense: Beals's sudden stardom, critical carping about the film, the revelation that much of her dancing was done by an uncredited double. So she retreated to Yale (nice fallback), graduating in 1987 with a degree in American studies.

Her own life includes her husband, Canadian entrepreneur Ken Dixon, and their 2-year-old daughter. "She is so stinking cute. I don't think it was an accident that my daughter arrived after I was 40," Beals says. "I used to be a real hermit; at one point my husband and I lived on a 500-acre ranch -- just us, the dogs, the stars, and an old mare that I'd ride into the forest. I was in heaven! But your kid has to be a part of the world, and now I'm out all the time, listening to what's going on."

Midlife agrees with Beals, who has already identified running a marathon by the time she hits 50 as a goal. "I think it takes a lifetime to know your authentic self," she says. "I love that. There are many more lessons to learn. Like, I've got to learn to play the piano and how to blow-dry my hair." She flashes a wide, knowing smile. "I'm only half joking."

0 comentarios: